THE RESULTS ARE IN
Experience Columbia SC
- Soda City Comic Con was held at the CMCC in August, drawing 9,500 attendees and generating $608,254 in economic impact.
- Club Nashi will take place Feb. 13 – 15, 2020 and is estimated to bring 3,000 attendees and about $238,421 in economic impact.
- The SC United Methodist Conference, coming in January 2020, is expecting 2,500 attendees and $343,145 in estimated economic impact.
ON THE ROAD
To help establish new relationships and cultivate business in the Columbia region, the ECSC Sales team participated in industry trade shows and shared our destination’s story with meeting planners. We had a presence at:
- Cvent Connect in Las Vegas, NV
- Destination International Annual Meeting in St. Louis, MO
- American Society of Association Executives Annual Meeting & Exposition in Columbus, OH
- Connect Marketplace in Louisville, KY
- Meeting Professionals International Carolinas Chapter Business Exchange in Raleigh, NC
- Destinations International Visitor Services Summit in Kansas City, MO
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Experience Columbia SC now has 29K Instagram followers and that number is growing daily. If you’re not following us, you should! Highlights include Friday City Tours through Instagram stories where we take you through different districts of town. And our feed includes awe-inspiring, user-generated photos of everything from the Gervais Street Bridget at golden hour to mouth-watering dishes around town and more.
Did you know that our team posts blogs about twice each week? You can find our blogs on the website here, but also follow us on Facebook (81K others are doing it!) to read our blog posts and be one of the first to know when Columbia SC gets a major media mention (like the Food Network mention we noted above!). Some of our most widely-read posts this quarter included a post on Tailgate Food, a guide to SC Pride, and a guide to Vegan/Vegetarian restaurants in Columbia SC.
Experience Columbia SC currently has a group of four “real local” ambassadors for 2019. Get to know them and their favorite things to do around town here.
In October, we rolled out a new promotional video for the CMCC. Two additional videos on the building’s sustainability efforts and the 15-year anniversary will be released later this quarter.
Phase Two of the vehicular Wayfinding Signage project is now complete. Phase Three, which will include Five Points and Bull Street signage is currently in the planning stages. Once this phase is complete, the signage package will include a total of 222 signs around town.
The Experience Columbia SC Annual Report for FY 18-19 is now available online.