SLOW SEASON NO MORE
BY THE NUMBERS
The Experience Columbia SC team contracted 34 future events this past quarter that are expected to draw 85,884 attendees and $2.96 million in estimated economic impact.
Our Convention Services Manager assisted 49 groups this past quarter, while our Partnership Services Manager developed relationships with 18 new partners. The Visitors Center responded to 4,327 inquiries for information about the Columbia region.
- The Famously Hot South Carolina Pride Festival in October 2019 is expected to draw 75,000 attendees and an estimated $1.1 million in economic impact.
- Pixel Playland VGT Con will be held at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in April 2020, estimating an economic impact of $431,000 and 2,000 attendees.
- Gospel Heritage Foundation is joining us in February 2020, bringing about 1,500 attendees and generating an estimated economic impact of $337,000.
ON THE ROAD
To help establish new relationships and cultivate business in the Columbia region, the ECSC Sales team participated in industry trade shows and shared our destination’s story with meeting planners. We had a presence at:
- Destination International CEO Summit in Asheville, N.C.
- Simpleview Summit in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Georgia Society of Association Executives Annual Meeting in Greenville, S.C.
- Meeting Professionals World Education Conference in Toronto, Canada
- South Carolina Society of Association Executives’ Annual Meeting on Hilton Head Island, S.C.