Voting is Open for Columbia's 'Famously Hot Chef Showdown'
Friday, September 16, 2011 3:02 PM by Mandi Engram
South Carolina State Fair has invited celebrity chef Walter Scheib, The American Chef and White House executive chef (1994-2005), to be the master of ceremonies and act as one of four judges who will crown Columbia's first 'Famously Hot' chef in this Iron Chef >Viva La Vista and SC State Fair.
Area restaurants and chefs competing in the voting process are:
1. Blue Marlin executive chef/general manager, Brian Dukes
2. Juniper chef/owner, Brandon Velie
3. Liberty Tap Room & Grill chef, Nathan Brick
4. Mint Julep Bistro & Lounge executive chef, Will Descy
5. Moe's Grapevine Italian Restaurant chef/owner, Moe Baddourah
6. MoMo's Bistro executive chef, Andrew White
7. Motor Supply Company Bistro executive chef, Tim Peters
8. Mr. Friendly's New Southern Cafe executive chef/wwner, Ricky Mollohan
9. Rosso Trattoria Italia chef/wwner, Kristian Niemi
10. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse executive chef, Paul Cernansky
11. Saki Tumi Grill & Sushi Bar executive chef, Larry Thompson
12. Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel executive chef, Neil Goodwin
13. Terra chef/owner, Mike Davis
14. Tombo Grille executive chef, Steven Blitch
15. Villa Tronco executive chef, Nate Skipper
16. Virtu Restaurant and Bar chef, Jeff T. Niemeyer
On October 3, the top three chosen by the public will be announced by WIS TV and asked to participate in the 'Famously Hot Chef Showdown' on October 18. The public can vote online through the 'Favorite Picks' tab on the South Carolina State Fair Facebook page.
The 'Famously Hot Chef Showdown' is brought to you by South Carolina State Fair and is sponsored by General Sales. The event will be the first 'Iron Chef" >scstatefair.org or get updates on Facebook and Twitter.