Named for the designer of the Washington Monument and native South Carolinian, the Robert Mills Carriage House & Gardens exudes classic Southern elegance on an expansive tree-lined property, just minutes from downtown Columbia. Four different, spacious garden areas, as well as the indoor Carriage House, allow for flexibility. While the entire property is ideal for larger affairs, individual gardens can be rented as a perfect spot for smaller weddings or corporate events.
The Carriage House is the only indoor space at this venue; the historic home is a museum and not available for rentals.
Features & Amenities:
- Front lawn with ample green space and magnificent view of the main house
- Back lawn shaded by towering 125-year-old magnolias
- Secluded Founders Garden with walking paths and hedges
- Fountains, gravel walkways, trellises and benches throughout the property
- Carriage House with brick walls and floor, exposed beams, tall ceiling, and large barn-style doors
- Catering prep kitchen
- 2 restrooms
- Access to wireless internet and electricity throughout interior space and gardens
- Private gravel parking lot for approximately 30 cars
- HC staff on-site for duration of event
- Indoor Carriage House capacity of 50 seated, 100 standing
- Indoor and outdoor maximum capacity of 400
- Price Range Maximum: $$ - $101-150