Columbia, S.C. - (December 4, 2014) The Columbia Regional Sports Council (CRSC) is pleased to announce the 13th Annual Chick-fil-A Classic Holiday Basketball Tournament to be held in Columbia, S.C. on December 19, 20, 22 & 23, 2014. All games will be played at Richland Northeast High School located at 7500 Brookfield Road. Tickets to the event are $10 for adult general admission; $8 for students' ages 13 thru 18; and $5 for children 12 and under with a paying adult. Tickets can be purchased at the gymnasium ticket booth. Ticket sales begin one hour before the first scheduled game of the day.
CHICK-FIL-A CLASSIC PARTICIPATING TEAMS
- Our Savior New American (Centereach, NY) 28-5; Featured Players: 6'9 Sr Cheick Diallo, 6'5 Sr Damon Wilson (committed to Pittsburg), 6'3 Davon Dillard, 6'7 Jr Kassoum Yakwe
- Arlington Country Day School (Jacksonville, FL) 30-5 (Florida SIAA State Champions); Featured Players: 6'8 Tulio Da Silva (committed to South Florida), 6'7 Jr Marion Kegler, 6'2 Jr Lamonte Turner, 6'3 Sr Jahshire Hardnett
- Cape Henry Collegiate School (Virginia Beach, VA) 26-1 (VISAA State Runners-Up); Featured Player: 6'5 Sr Chris Clarke (committed to Virginia Tech, 6'2 Sr Marcus Evans, 6'9 Sr Paul Grinde
- Trinity Christian Academy (Fayetteville, North Carolina) 26-4 (NCISAA Class 1A State Champions); Featured Player: 6'2 Jr Dennis Smith Jr., 6'9 Sr Alonzo Tyson (signed with High Point University)
- Kinston High School (Kinston, NC) 26-4 (NCHSAA Class 2A State Champions); Featured Player: 6'7 Sr Brandon Ingram, 6'5 Sr Darnell Dunn
- Montrose Christian School (Rockville, MD) 20-5; Featured Player: 5'10 Jr Alani Moore
- Westtown School (West Chester, PA) 20-6; Featured Player: 6'10 Soph Mohammed Bamba
- Madison Academy (Huntsville, AL) 21-14; Featured Player: 6'6 Jr Josh Langford
- Morgan County High School (Madison, GA) 26-4; Featured Players: 5'11 Sr Tookie Brown (committed to Miss. State), 6'6 Jr Jailyn Ingram
- Greenforest Academy (Decatur, GA) 22-8; Featured Players: 6'3 Sr Justin Ravenel, 6'3 Jr John Ogwuche, 6'7 Jr Precious Ayah
- Wando High School (Mt. Pleasant, SC) 25-4 (SCHSL Class 4A State Champions); Featured Players: 6'4 Jr Jamez Rogers, 6'9 Sr Matthew Pegram (committed to Wofford)
- Spring Valley High School (Columbia, SC) 11-14; Featured Players: 6'6 Sr PJ Dozier (committed to South Carolina), 6'8 Jr Jordan Brunner, 6'5 Sr Malik Dunbar
- Hammond School (Columbia, SC) 21-6; Featured Player: 6'2 Jr Seventh Woods
- Dreher High School (Columbia, SC) 19-7; Featured Player: 6'5 Sr Tevin Mack
- W.J. Keenan High School (Columbia, SC) 20-7
- Lower Richland High School (Hopkins, SC) 15-10
CAROLINA CHALLENGE PARTICIPATING TEAMS
- Athens Christian School (Athens, GA) 25-5; Featured Players: 6'5 Sr Will Jackson (committed to Georgia), 6'5 Will Tate
- Hillcrest High School (Simpsonville, SC) 23-5 (SCHSL Class 4A State Runners-Up); Featured Players: 6'2 Randall Shaw, 6'0 Tyler Hooker (committed to East Tennessee State), 6'3 Darius White
- Providence Day School (Charlotte, NC) 23-4; Featured Players: 6'7 Jr Grant Williams, 6'6 Josh Howard, 6'8 Isaac Johnson
- Barking Abbey School (London, UK) 14-2 (EABL National Champions): Featured Players: 6'4 Sr Josh Steele, 7'1 Sr Nathan Smith, 6'11 Sr Karolis Kundratos
- Aquinas High School (Augusta, GA) 22-6 Featured Player; 6'8 Jr San Antonio Brinson
- Mullins High School (Mullins, SC) 20-8; Featured Player: 6'3 Soph Jalek Felton
- Ben Lippen School (Columbia, SC) 18-8; Featured Player: 6'4 Sr Aaron McGuire
- Richland Northeast High School (Columbia, SC) - Host School
The tournament proceeds will again support the Greater Columbia Educational Advancement Foundation (GCEAF) in its efforts to raise educational scholarships for deserving students who live within the Greater Columbia area. Last year, fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships were awarded. The total over the last 11 years is now $130,000.
For more information on the schedule of games, brackets and participating teams information, visit the tournament website at www.chick-fil-aclassic.com.
Credentials for the 2014 Chick-fil-A Classic are issued for working media only and should be requested as soon as possible due to space limitations. There are limited game-viewing, courtside tables. Accredited working media will have first priority for credentials and table seating. All others will be on a space-available basis. Press Books will be available for approved working media at the pass gate table during tournament hours while supplies last.
The deadline for credential requests is December 8, 2014. Limited wireless internet service will be available inside the gymnasium upon request.
All media should contact Ryan Johnson, Media Coordinator, by e-mail at email@example.com to request a media credential with the following information included:
- Your media outlet (specify newspaper, Internet site, TV or radio)
- Number of credentials requested and the name and title of each requestor
- If covering a specific team, the team(s) you will be covering
Please type "Chick-fil-A Classic Credentials" in the subject line of the e-mail.
About Columbia Regional Sports Council
The mission of the Columbia Regional Sports Council is to strengthen the area's economy by marketing and selling Columbia, S.C. as a premier destination for sporting events, partnering with local sports organizations to grow and develop existing events, and by recruiting new events that provide an economic benefit to the region by generating room nights, food and beverage sales, and associated tax revenues. For more information, visit columbiasportscouncil.com.