Located eight miles outside of downtown Columbia, the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) is the commercial airport servicing the Columbia region. Here you’ll enjoy the airport’s natural light and relaxing rocking chairs while you wait for your plane to begin boarding.
Health & Safety
The Columbia Metropolitan Airport is a GBAC Star accredited facility - honored for their efforts in maintaining the health and safety of employees and travelers through safe and thorough sanitation practices.
General Flight/Traveler Information:
- CAE remains open and operating.
- TSA will no longer require passengers to wear a mask or face covering onboard their flights.
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) will no longer require masks in the airport. CAE encourages those individuals who prefer to wear a mask in the airport, to do so.
- CAE is continuing to monitor updates issued from the CDC and DHEC to remain up to date and informed for all travelers.
Extra precautions to prevent the likelihood of illness:
- Increased sanitizing in the public seating areas.
- Deeper and more frequent cleanings in the restrooms.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at pre- and post-security checkpoints.
- A Plexiglas shield has been installed at the check-in desk at TSA security checkpoint.
For continued COVID-19/Coronavirus updates CAE, please visit their website and social media channels.
With nonstop flights to 11 cities and flights with just one stop to over 400 cities., rest assured you can get to Columbia from wherever you are. Nonstop flights are available from Charlotte, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. (Reagan and Dulles), Atlanta, New York (LaGuardia), Chicago, and Miami.
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar Rent a Car, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty have counters on the lower level in the baggage claim area.
Ride Share & Taxis
Columbia has Uber and Lyft available to get you from the airport to your destination. Not to mention you'll get all the local tips from your driver. Several taxi companies provide pick up outside of the baggage claim area on the lower level. Cab fare from the airport to downtown will cost approximately $25, while service to Fort Jackson is a $32 flat rate.