Located eight miles outside of downtown Columbia, the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) is the commercial airport servicing the Columbia region. Here you’ll enjoy the airport’s natural light and relaxing rocking chairs while you wait for your plane to begin boarding.
Health & Safety
General Flight/Traveler Information:
- CAE remains open and operating.
- Delta Air Lines, American Airlines and United Airlines are all operating at a reduced capacity.
- Each airline sets flight schedules as they see fit and can be adjusted at any time. Because of this, CAE encourages travelers to check with their respective airline before heading out to the airport.
- Each airline recently announced that they are requiring their passengers to wear a mask or face covering onboard their flights. American Airlines will began this requirement on May 11, while Delta Air Lines and United Airlines began the requirement on May 4. Airlines have said that any passenger without a mask or face covering will be provided one at no charge.
- Reusable cloth masks will be given to all travelers (free of charge) who enter the airport. Masks can be found at the Information Desk or the TSA security line. Airline carriers are also providing travelers with masks.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the terminal and at all departure gates.
- Restrooms are being cleaned every two hours, but as traffic increases, cleanings will increase to hourly.
- Increased sanitizing is being done in the public seating areas and in the high touch areas such as handrails, escalators, and elevator buttons.
- The food concessionaire is serving a limited menu and practicing social distancing for diners.
- Retail shops are installing shields at all registers and employees will be cleaning and sanitizing credit card machines after every use.
TSA/Security Check Point Preparedness:
- A Plexiglas shield has been installed at the check-in desk at TSA security checkpoint.
- Markers, to identify proper spacing, have been placed on the floor at TSA security checkpoint and at the retail store locations.
For continued COVID-19/Coronavirus updates CAE, please visit their website and and social media channels.
With nonstop flights to 8 cities and flights with just one stop to over 400 cities., rest assured you can get to Columbia from wherever you are. Nonstop flights are available from Charlotte, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. (Reagan and Dulles), Atlanta, New York (LaGuardia), Chicago and Miami.
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar Rent a Car, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty have counters on the lower level in the baggage claim area.
Ride Share & Taxis
Columbia has Uber and Lyft available to get you from the airport to your destination. Not to mention you'll get all the local tips from your driver. Several taxi companies provide pick up outside of the baggage claim area on the lower level. Cab fare from the airport to downtown will cost approximately $25, while service to Fort Jackson is a $32 flat rate.