The Challenger Learning Center for Space Science Education in Richland County School District One offers a variety of programs for K-12 students. Please visit our website for details about:
- Missions: Students work in Mission Control and a simulated Space Station to either Rendezvous with Comet Halley, Voyage to Mars, or Return to the Moon. Currently, we have programs aligned to elementary science standards and middle level science standards. We will be expanding our mission offerings to include a high school mission in the future.
- Program Tours: Students visit Mission Control and the Space Station, enjoy a mini-planetarium show, and fly a plane on a flight simulator in our Aerospace Education Lab.
- Aerospace Education Lab: Students learn science through the study of aeronautics and learn basic aviation using flight simulators.
- e-Planetarium: We offer several planetarium shows appropriate for different ages.
- Hands-On Science Explorations: Extend your visit to the Challenger Learning Center to a day-long event. Have your students learn science by doing science.
During the school year, we offer programming to groups of ten or more. (Groups can be affiliated with schools, child care centers, scouts, homeschool groups, etc.) During the summer, we offer a variety of summer camp options. Please visit our website (www.thechallengercenter.net) for more details.